What is the eligibility criteria for refund of the contributions?
- Indian employees who contributed to German social security system when they worked on Work permit in Germany
- The contribution can be of any period.
- No upper range like 60 months
- No lower limit, it can be one month, 6 months or whatever.
- Completed waiting period of 24 months after last contribution to German pension system (It is NOT waiting from date of leaving from Germany). e.g.
- Employee worked till March 2014 and pension contribution was upto March 2014, then refund is possible from April 2016 onwards.
- Employee worked till March 2014, but pension was paid up-to September 2009 only, then refund is possible immediately after return from Germany that is March 2014. Waiting up-to April 2016 is not required.
- Currently should be living out of Germany, UK & EU countries. So Indians living in countries like India, USA, Australia, Singapore, Switzerland, Canada, Indonesia, Japan etc. are eligible to get refund.
How much interest is paid by German pension office on the deposits?
There is no interest paid (means it is zero percent). So it is advisable to withdraw money as early as possible and make your own investments.
I have lost my documents, can I still get pension refund?
Yes, get in touch with us and we will help you.
As per latest updates Indo-German Social Security Agreement will come into force from 01.05.2017, so it will not be possible to get pension refund for more than 5 years (60+ months) pension contributions. However refund will be possible for less than 60 months pension contributions.
I have lived in Germany for more than 5 years, can I get refund?
If you have worked in Germany till April 2015 or your last contribution to pension fund was before April 2015 (due to social security agreement between India and Germany in Oct 2009, but you have stayed later also), which means it has been more than 2 years since last pension contributions, your refund claim can done immediately.
When can I get my refund of pension contributions?
If you returned after April 2015 contact us and we will guide you (free of cost!) to get your documents up-to-date so that you don't face any problems in refund later on and we will also remind you when you complete two years.
If I apply for refund now than I will loose contribution made by employer. So I think I should wait for retirement. What is your opinion?
This is true that only employee contributions are refunded, still it is advisable to get refund. Some facts we need consider to decide about this. Employer's contributions are never refunded, in any case.
- There is no interest paid by German Govt. to the deposits.
- People who paid for < 5 years, can only get employee contribution as refund. They will get employee's contributions refunded, but not pension.
- People who paid for > 5 years, there are only 2 options
- Get refund of employee contributions only OR
- Get monthly pension as determined by some formula of German Govt. after retirement age (67+years)
Once you get refund, you can invest in India and get better return and after 20 years it is going to be 4-5 times of employee contribution(with conservative estimate of 8% return compounding). You can get much better pension on your own with this money.
How much amount will I get?
Please use our refund calculator
to estimate your refund amount.
Employee's contributions are refunded (as shown in your salary slips).
To give an example of how much money you can get, following are calculations:
|Gross Monthly salary (Euros)||Contribution Period |
|Refund in Euros||Refund in Rs. *|
The above calculations assumes 1 Euro = Rs. 70.
You can send your salary slip of December month of every year or LohnsteuerBescheinigung (Wage tax certificate) to us to calculate your refund amount. It is worth putting efforts to get your money back.
What is the procedure?
There are some specific forms that needs to be filled up and submitted along with required documents.
We are also happy to inform you that it is not required to go to German embassy to get documents signed.
There is a form which needs to be completed by authorized personnel. German embassy is one of them. There are other options also available within your city. So relax and we will guide you to get this form filled and signed from these personnel also.
I live in a city where German embassy is not there, do I need to visit German embassy in another city to get the document stamped for processing of refund?
With our consultancy, generally it takes 2 to 3 months (on an average) to get refund money in your bank account.
How much time it takes to get the refund?
You can certainly work again in Germany even after getting pension refund. Your same Social security number will continue and it will start from zero balance (because you have already taken refund for earlier contributions). Our many clients are working again in Germany after getting their pension refund.
If I get refund now, Can I again go to Germany for work? Is there any restriction in getting work permit if I get refund?
Do I need to have a bank account in Germany to get the refund?
We are happy to inform that it is not mandatory to have a German bank account to get your refund. It is possible to get the refund in your Indian bank account (Normal saving account as well as NRE Account) also. German authorities will directly credit refund into your Indian bank account. Our customers have got money refunded into their Indian bank accounts like ICICI, HDFC, State Bank of India, CitiBank, Kotak Mahindra, Axis bank etc. and also to German bank accounts e.g. Deutsche bank, Sparda bank, CommerzBank, Sprakasse, Targo Bank etc. Our 90% of client get refund into their Indian bank account, because they don't have any German bank account.
Now I know that I can eligible for refund, but I am not confident to do this on my own, can you help me?
Certainly, for any consultation/query
regarding the refund you can contact us
. We take care of the complete procedure giving you complete peace of mind. All our customers
(500+) have already got benefited from our services. We have 100% track records for successful refunds
More questions? .. do not hesitate to contact us. All queries will be answered without any obligation to use our services.
Page Last updated on : 13.04.2017